Post Waxing Tips
AFTER YOU WAX....
- Your skin will be sensitive and more susceptible to sunburn during the first 2 days after your wax so it is best to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 48 hours.
- Other things to avoid for 24 hours include: steaming hot showers, saunas, hot tubs (or other activities that involve heat) as well as applying oils, heavy lotions and body butter to your skin.
- Wait 48 hours before exfoliating your skin for the first time following your wax, and then try to exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week with a gentle scrub when showering. This will help to prevent ingrown hairs and also remove dry, dead skin.
- Depending on your individual rate of hair growth, we recommend getting waxed every three to four weeks. For best results, do not shave in between your hair removal appointments. You will get much more effective results and softer, smoother skin at your next visit if you resist the urge to shave.
- Wear loose comfortable, cotton clothes that will allow your skin to breathe for the first 24 hours after your waxing appointment.